Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Those Songs That Will Always Be

Hey all y'all!

I apologize for not posting in over a month. You know, not having to do school gets you off of your normal routine, especially when it comes to technology. I really haven't been online for awhile, and blogging has been on the back of my mind. Anyway, here I am, sitting by a window, watching the rain gently fall over the garden.

I have composed a serious post on where I have been the past month...but for blogger is being wacky. So here is a little something to tide you over with. :)

You know those songs that will always be "your" songs? No matter how old or outdated they are now, when you hear them you go back to a memory of when you were younger and played it over and over and over again? Or sometimes, some of us hear songs and are reminded of people and fond memories we share with that person. Well, I have quite a few of those songs...so I thought I'd share them with you! Basically, I grew up on Jump5 (like who didn't?), Rachael Lampa, FFH, Bethany Dillon, ZoeGirl and BarlowGirl....:)

"You Get Me" ZoeGirl--yes, I know....but when I was ten, I'd play it constently...I mean all.the.time. and when I hear it now, I still can't just not listen, ya know?

"Average Girl" BarlowGirl--yes, I loved it..."no more dating, I'm just waiting, cause God is writing my love story..." :)

"Going Under" This Beautiful Republic--this one is more recent--only a couple years ago that I was in love with this song. Just heard it and fell in love again! That's what brother's iPod's are for when yours is broken! :P

"Everything is Beautiful" Starfield--pretty much like Going Under....

"Savior Song" Rachael Lampa--well this is kind of embarrasing, but yeah, I used to love it when I was ten...:)

"Summer Song" Jump 5--I grew up on them, okay? I think we all did....:P

"Fly Away" FFH--Grew up on them too.

"It's a Good Day" FFH--used to sing this all the time

"Spinnin' Around" Jump 5--okay this is just plain annoying now...but it was my childhood! :P

"Aimless" Bethany Dillon--when I was 14, I discovered how to harmonize with this in the barn...:)

"Brave" Nichole Nordeman--takes me back to my competitive swim days....

"Walk on the Water" Britt Nicole--more recent takes me back to my horse days...two summers ago, it was my pick me up song in the barn every single day.

"Strong Tower"--being twelve and dancing to this with my Vancouver girls...we did it last summer to see if we still had our groove...:)

"He Reigns" Newsboys--Same as "Strong Tower"....:)

"So I Thought" Flyleaf--Recent, as in the past year, story.of.my.life. In fact, when I showed a friend the lyrics, they asked if I wrote it. :) hehe...

I could go on and on, and bore you to death, but I won't. :P

Anyway, what are some songs that will always be "your" songs?

No comments:

Post a Comment