Monday, May 14, 2012

A Holy Legacy


What will it be like when you die? Will people talk about you? All the good deeds you have done or all of your accomplishments? What will come to their mind as they remember your life?

Ever since I was young I remember listening to "Legacy" by Nichole Nordeman. Many of you probably know that song. But I remember thinking about what it means to leave a legacy, so to speak. But now, it means so much more with all that has been happening.

But recently a good friend pointed out something her brother told her. "When I die I don't want to leave a legacy". Wait! Not leave a legacy! That's the whole point--that we leave a legacy. But no, what if there is more than that.

What if we live. We die. And they remember Jesus. Frankly, I don't really want to be remembered. Because this life is not about me. It's about my Life-Giver. My Savior. When I die, I want them to remember Him. The things I did while I was alive should all point to Him. When people think of me even now, I hope that is what they see. And well, if they don't, then I am missing something very important. May I decrease, that He might increase.

I don't want to leave a mere legacy. I want to leave a Jesus legacy. And that's it.

What about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment