Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Dream Girl

I am a "dream girl". When I was younger, nothing seemed too big for me to chase after. And I was not afraid of failing.

But, now, reality comes like a shock, stealing that little dream girl attitude, and I find myself anxious for the future. What kinds of things are ahead? Good, bad? What will my life look like? Will my faith and my God be enough?

Proverbs says "where there is no vision the people parish..."
Having a vision is important to God. But not just any vision; God is not looking for high-in-the-sky fantasy dreams. He is looking for people with a vision for their life. With plans to honor and glorify Him.

God is glorified when His people take the time to plan ahead; to know where they are going in life. He made each one of us for a purpose, and wants us to fufill that purpose.

Being a "dream girl" is glorifing to God, as long as I keep in mind that I am not dreaming for me but dreaming for Him. I need not concern myself with shallow, selfish dreams, but instead seek to fill myself with vision and purpose as I live each day to the fullest measure.

Even if you are not the "natural dreamer", I'd encourage you to look up. This vision stuff is not just for us dreamers, but for all of the born-again believers. People today are  not motivated, they don't know what they are doing from day to day, but we need to be different. We need to see that we are here for a purpose, and every day counts. Be purposeful in the way you live...have a vision, and let God light that vision on fire.

No comments:

Post a Comment