Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Lessons Learned

So....yesterday I spent literally all day in the kitchen baking for a fundraiser. The deadline was yesterday, so that meant all 10 loaves of bread, 3 dozen cookies, and ten bags of tea needed to be prepared. which by the way, is no easy task. The electric mixer broke in the afternoon which set me behind almost a whole hour! By 12:45 I stumbled into bed, only to have my alarm wake me at 5:50 this morning. Needless to say I survived. :) And everyone needs a little humor, so, here are some lessons I learned:

-Jalapeno and cinnamon creates an interesting smell

-Washing the same dishes over and over again can be agitating

-Creaming butter and sugar is near impossible with only one beater

-Pre-grated cheese is my new best friend

-It takes exactly 4 min.and 47 seconds to dry herbs in the oven

-2 cups of flour is the standard for most recipes

-Words start to blend together after staring at the same recipe for more than 5 hours

-Talking to yourself in the kitchen after 10 hours straight is probably normal

And last but not least...........................

If I can survive 13 1/2 hours of nothing but baking, I can survive anything!

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment