Tuesday, May 8, 2012

The.End.

The past few days have been the begining of endings.

First of all, finishing up speech for the season (and quite possibly for forever) was emotional. I have enjoyed it all year, and to end was very bittersweet. On one hand it's nice to finish up and have it all out of the way. It takes up so much time. But on the other hand, it is so much fun!!! I love the compition, I love speaking in front of people, I loved my speeches, but most of all I love the people! Saying goodbye to them, many of whom I won't see for a long time or maybe at all was so hard. :( I miss them all so much. The comradery that we share is so close. There's very little shyness, we can pray for each other and randomly ask how the rounds are because in that environment we care for each other. No longer is it just about the compition, but we understand that there's more to it. Giving God the glory with the opportunities He has given us. Coming around each other and rejoicing after a good round, sometimes comforting one another after bad ones, and lifting one another up in prayer in the hallway. Yes, it has been good, and it's hard to end it. But at the same time, I am looking foward to the next chapter in my life.

Another ending has been the death of one of my friends, Josh Eddy (dubbed "Eddy" by us "Vancouverites" because there's too many Josh's in our circle of friends. :P) Saturday May 5th, he was hiking with some friends near Grants Pass, Oregon and fell in the Rogue River. I was still at the hotel; Regionals had just finished up that afternoon, and before going to bed I randomly checked facebook, and found out. I was in total shock. My family gathered around to pray with me and I talked to one of my best friends over the phone. We cried and prayed together. It's been so hard but knowing that God is faithful really helps. He never wastes the pain. But one thing about Josh, is he was ready to go. He faithfully lived to glorify Christ and encourage others to do the same. It's been so healing to get on fb and read how he impacted other people. And now he is more alive than he's ever been! I know that he is finally home! God is so good! So if you could just pray for his family and his friends, that would be appreciated. Thanks you guys!

So, yeah, the last few days have been hard on me. So much to take in all in one swoop, but at the same time I've had a lot of time to think and pray. My thoughts are all jumbled up and there's so much I want to say, it'll take me a few posts to get it all out. In the meantime, my friends, live well, and know that an ending is only a better begining to what already was.

No comments:

Post a Comment