Saturday, March 24, 2012

Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost

I have wanderlust. That deep desire for travel. A homesickness for a place I have never been.
This "Wanderlust" I divide into two parts: the travel and the mission.


Italy--Waterways (via Bing Images)

Italy--yes please! (via Bing Images)

Ireland--Dreamy....(via Bing Images)

  The Travel:
I have always love traveling. I'm not really sure why, but as I grew older the desire to see new places and experience new things deepend. (Hence all of the pictures) :) If there was one place in the entire world I could go it would be Italy. For a long time it was Sweden (because of family heritage). But after being told by my grandma that it wasn't much different from America, I decided I wanted to go somewhere with a completely different culture...Italy. Looking at the old rustic buildings, the shutters, rolling hillsides, and of course the waterway canals make me drool. But it doesn't end there...I want to travel anywhere I can. Part of that desire is fed by my grandparents who do travel all the time. After they come back, I eagerly await their pictures and stories. So much beauty....I just want to go and see it all.  And by the way, I put up a picture of Ireland too...just because old Irish castles are the most beautiful places on earth! And the sheep...gotta have the sheep too! :)

The Mission:
My love affair with missions began at a young age when a couple I knew very well went to Africa as missionaries. I was around eight and remember looking up to them and watching videos they brought of where they would be staying....When I was nine or ten they left. And I desperately wanted to go with them. But alas, I am still here. I am currently working with an organization that helps girls who have been trafficked. The organization began in India, and now I desperately want to go to India to help the girls there. It's something God's been pressing upon my heart the past year. I don't know what's in store as far as that goes, but I am excited for the future!  (That story it a long story that I will blog about sometime...but I think it deserves it's own post. :) )

So there you have it. A little bit about me and my desire to travel--with a mission. And if you too, are a wanderer at heart, remember...not all who wander are lost.

3 comments:

  1. Now you have no right to tease me about that time I said "I'm homesick for someplace I've never been." :P
    I think Ireland and the other Celtic lands are the places I want to go most. Italy and Germany are also places I'd love to go. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha, yes, well I was like 12 and not as poetic as I am now. :P JK!
    But yes, I think I understand what you meant. :) Ah, good times, good times! (BTW...wasn't that Irish, or was that Scottish?)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness I can so relate to how you feel! I was starting to wonder l what was wrong with ME!!? Always wanting to travel......trying to be content:P
    It's so very interesting..........

    ReplyDelete