Saturday, February 25, 2012

My Life Exposed {As of late}

Hey Everyone!
It's been so long since I've posted--I feel so disconnected! :P

Well, to start, I want to say that the tournament went well...I know I posted pictures and then realized I hadn't actually written anything save the comments about the pictures...there were so many funny things that happend, so many wonderful God moments, and there were the dissapointments. To all of you that were praying--we did have enough judges! And we all survived (even with the flu) but God was good. And we all came around each other and supported one another. Thank you everyone who encouraged me, prayed for me, and was just there for me. Love you all!

{My life exposed--beware, it's actually kinda boring :P}

On another note, I am so tired of sickness...been sick for a few days right after the tourney (yeah, sickness was going around up there...) then my whole family got it and then I got it again...now I am fine, but ughh! Ya know, sickness is just no fun at all. :(

Our shop flooded the other day (again!) It floods all the time, but that's annoying because...it is. Shoveling out water while it's still pouring in is useless, but I guess it gave me a good break from schoolwork. :)

Another chicken died the other day. One of our best layers, my little Clover is gone. One morning she was fine, and a couple hours later she was dead. But to be honest, chicken deaths don't really affect me at all anymore so yeah. And we're getting a lot more soon, so it'll be good.

God has been good lately. I have gotten amazing opportunities to see Him at work. I have been pretty rocky in my relationship with Him for the past couple months and now He has restored my joy and brought me out of the staleness. It feels so good! So right! And
right now I am listening to "Held" by Natalie Grant and all though I haven't gone through a major loss (like in the song), the lyrics just seem to touch my heart in a little different way, and the chorus really hits home. "This is what it means to be held. How it feels when the sacred is torn from your life. And you survive. This is what it is to be loved. To know that the promise was when everything we'd be held." Finally, I feel that again, and it is so perfect!

So one of the ways I have gotten to experience God working, is at Shared Hope. Last Monday when I went in, one of the ladies asked me "You know how I have been praying for unity in my family?" "Yes" I reply, knowing how hard she's been praying. Well, it turns out that her son (who she had when she was 15, and put up for adoption) had called her out of the blue just to talk...the ironic thing? They hadn't spoken in 15 years!! He's 17 now, and they are going to see each other in June! She was all smiles the whole day! :)Isn't God good? I just love the opportunity to see how God is healing hearts there! It's so amazing!

God has been working on my heart what it means to really love people meaningfully (see my Valentines Day Post). To really pour into people and make every relationship count for eternity. God has been pressing on my heart how much He loves me, and has the best plans for my life. I don't have to worry and stress...and so now I rest and wait. Hard, but I think I am finally learning how to step back and lean on Him. Just to live. To walk, one foot in front of the other, guided by the Sustainer of Life.

That wraps up my life in a nutshell, as of late. :) What have all of you been up to?

1 comment:

  1. Kaitlan, we all have struggles especially sometimes in our relationship with God. The Bible Quizzing I am doing (I think) has made me expect the unexpected but remember that GOD IS IN CONTROL! It's such a hard lesson to remember, especially for me, but it's one well worth knowing!:) You're doing a wonderful job being the person God created you to be. You encourage me all the time with your posts!:) God Bless you Kaitlan, you're a wonderful girl!
    Love you!
    ~Julia~

    ReplyDelete