Tuesday, July 31, 2012

When's it My Turn?

You know that song from Disney's A Little Mermaid? Yes, I do still listen to Disney songs, thank you very much. But I also love this far more than I can say. Partly because I can relate to Ariel's feeling of restlesness she portrays so well in this song.

As I type this, I am overlooking an airport. Planes gliding to a graceful landing and others zooming into the sky full of wonder and mystery. I wonder, when's it my turn? I wanna go. Do something. Experience something. I can't wait to see what God has in store for my life. Gosh, sometimes I am so excited to see where all this is gonna go.

 Sometimes it overtakes me a little too much, though, and I forget to be thankful for where I am right here. Cause ya know what? God is right here in this moment. Even when you don't feel Him. Even when you are restless, waiting for something. Even then. And something about that makes me smile. And want to enjoy the moment. Because that's what life is. Finding joy in the fullest life lived, even in the small moments. But always in Christ.

I still want to know when's it my turn. I want it now. But God is quieting my heart. And as I watch the sun set and planes come and go, I know, now is my turn. I am living and breathing. I am to make a difference right here. And then, God will make it come together, in His time.

1 comment: