Tuesday, March 13, 2012

TeenPact Washington II 2012

TeenPact was beyond amazing! People keep asking me if it was just as good as last year. To that I answer...yes, just in a totally different way. (For those who don't know, I had a huge amazing experience at TP last year...) Anyway, I knew going back would be different and in a way that hurt. I wanted so badly to go back and felt what I did then. But God put this scripture on my heart before I left: Isaiah 42:9 “Behold, the former things have come to pass, Now I declare new things; Before they spring forth I proclaim them to you.” No, it wasn't going to be the same, and that was okay. God was going to work in new ways, and somehow that was exciting.

So, as the week progressed, I began to see how God was working in my heart and in others' hearts as well. It was definately a week of renewal for me. I needed it so much. And to see God bring others through something similar to what I had experienced last year--wow!

The government part was awesome too! The alum track this year was thought provoking and fun! We were blessed with wonderful speakers and the privledge to further our knowledge in the political arena.

And of course, there was camp time! Ultimate Frisbee, check! (And no snow this year--yay!) Do You Love Your Neighbor, check! Basketball, oh yeah! Word games at the dinner table, you bet! And of course, hacky sack with Mr.Crum. :) And our devotions and rondevous time--the best!!

Oh, and I can't forget about our girl times on the dock watching the sun set. We had great heart-to-heart talks out there. Love those girls so much! <3 (just for fun, here is a pic of one of those talks...be watching for more pics, I shall post those soon!)

I strongly recommend going to TeenPact, especially Washington, because of the whole camp experience. That's where God works deeply. Where a government and leadership school becomes something more meaningful and impactful. So, if you aren't going this year, plan on seeing me in 2013!!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you had an epic time! What a CUTE picture!!

    ReplyDelete